Content Creator's Guide
Marketing In Asia comes with its new highly advanced platform that can do much more for its esteemed content creators. Marketing In Asia is still all about marketing and branding, but it now clearly identifies its readers and content creators; helping them to get their personal or company’s brand even more amplified through content. Marketing In Asia now covers a much bigger canvas with its brands that are being launched now or will be launched soon. While most of the brands are about content that depends on our esteemed content creators, some of the brands are applications that help the brands to amplify themselves better as well as create a revenue stream for themselves.
5 Editions of Marketing In Asia
- Marketing in Asia (MIA). This is our flagship brand that remains at the heart of our digital publications and business. We remain as Asia's leading online media platform and now grow into a next-generation marketing-tech platform for brands and content creators.
- Business In Asia (BIA). Businesses need focused attention when it comes to branding. We created Business In Asia as our brand that publishes content uploaded by businesses, and yes, this platform is exclusively for brands where MIA brings a host of services to help businesses amplify their brands across Asia and beyond.
- People In Asia (PIA). We live in a society that is a mix of people who have so much to share. People In Asia has been created to cover people talking about health, wellbeing, food, entertainment, travel, education, their personal stories and much more. People In Asia becomes a platform to amplify the individuals and brands that make us a society cutting across geographical borders.
- Startup In Asia (SIA). As the name suggests, Startup In Asia is focused to give voice to the startup ecosystem that includes hundreds of founders, start-up leaders, venture creators, funding companies, experts and the government. This platform intends to bring the founder and investor community closer and reap the benefits of their hard work while we amplify their voice to those who matter.
- Happening In Asia (HIA). Marketing In Asia uses events, recognition, awards and rating as one of the key tools for brand individuals and companies to effectively amplify their events, achievements and what’s happening out there. Happening In Asia is a focused platform to talk about events, recognitions and awards while bringing the participants and those who are honoured with ranking and awards to the limelight through digital.
Our growth will definitely facilitate you as our content creators and brands in amplifying your voice further.
Types of content creators?
MIA boasts of having a large number of talented contributors from across the world who share their voice through articles, podcasts and video.
Individual Content Creators
Our largest content creators are from this community who regularly share their articles, podcasts, infographics, slides and videos through our platform. Our individual content creators not only get good visibility and are able to create their personal brand, but Marketing In Asia will soon launch its content marketplace that will help create revenue opportunities for select top-notch content creators through our platform.
Brand Content Creators
Our platform is created specifically to amplify the voice of corporations, SMEs, businesses, government entities and organisations. If brand content creators are not able to write or create high-quality content, we do provide them services such as editorial, advertorial, content creation and distribution services so that brands can create a lasting impression through their contents amongst the user community that matter most to them.
Our own editorial team has been very active all along contributing a lot of quality content. MIA will continue to create the benchmark for quality content and delight our readers across the spectrum.
How to upload content on Marketing In Asia and other editions?
Our new platform is fairly automated and provides seamless content submission to the MIA Editorial team. Let us understand the steps of content contribution on the New Marketing In Asia platform. Every individual content creator will have direct access to Marketing In Asia, Business In Asia, People In Asia, Startup In Asia* and Happening In Asia*
Step 1. Create an account and log in OR directly log in if you already have an account.
Step 2. Go to the Edition you want to upload the content, either Marketing In Asia, People In Asia, Startup In Asia or Happening In Asia. The content must be relevant to the right Edition.
Step 3. To add a post, go to the top menu and select the right selection based on the content type you plan to upload.
Step 4. Upload the content. In case you wish to submit your post in a language that does not exist on the platform, email us at email@example.com and we'll configure the new language for you.
Step 5. Submit for Moderation
Step 6. Published! Your content will be reviewed. All will be done within 24 hours. If it is not meeting our standards, it will be rejected. You will be notified via email if it is approved. You are free to make changes and resubmit the content if you don’t hear anything from the editorial team within 24 hours.
Understanding the details of content uploading on Marketing In Asia
You can upload content, either write an article, upload a podcast, upload a video and create a story using the Sorted List as well as Picture Gallery too. With so many options, you must follow closely the instructions as they appear on the platform. While most of the items are self-explanatory, few items need explanation.
Every content creators must understand the significance of the five pull-down menus in this category. We will describe them here.
- Parent Post - This field is to be used only and only if you're trying to submit the same post in multiple languages. If the content is new, this field can be ignored. If you've already posted the content that is published in English and may like to translate and rewrite it in 'Malay' language in that case, when you're posting the Malay content, select the parent post as the 'English' post that they are translating to get a wider reach. This can be done in as many languages as you want. However, the current system has been configured with English and Malay languages and new languages and countries will be added at regular intervals. When both contents are approved and published, readers will see the 'Parent Post' on the Marketing In Asia platform and under that content, a Language icon will appear. When the reader clicks on that icon, a popup will show the languages in which the same content has been published and read. You can interchange the parent-child relationship or update the parent content later as well.
- Country - This drop-down has several countries and the 'Global' option listed. If the content being published is specific to a country and will have little or no relevance to other countries, you should select the right country listed. 'Global' is the default option which means that the content will be seen by people from every country. The editor can update this option based on the content relevance even if you've given your preference to 'Global'. This field is highly important because readers from different countries will be able to see relevant content and the content will see a larger and relevant readership. Similarly, content in regional languages must be selected for the relevant countries to get the right readership. All readers are automatically taken to their relevant news based on their IP address.
- Language - This is the option to identify the language of the content. Currently, we have English and Malay configured. More languages will be introduced soon. This helps readers to know the language of the content and making reading easier.
- Category and subcategory - These two dropdowns are very important for content creators like yourself. You must be mindful that your content is written or modified to suit the available categories. If you're unable to get the right category across Marketing In Asia and its Editions, they may contact Editor for support. Each Edition is meant for specific interest groups and the wrong set of content coming into the Edition will put a negative impact on the Marketing In Asia brand, its readers and content creators too.
- Poll - This is an option provided by the platform to insert a poll in the content. If you want readers to vote after reading your content, you can create a poll and can integrate the poll into the content before submitting it. Such an option can be very powerful to draw readers and take their opinions at the same time.
- Scheduled Post - This is an option that you can exercise if you want your content to be published at a particular date and time post-approval. Subject to the Editor's approval, the content will get released automatically at the given time and date.
- Notes - As a content creator, you can use this space to discuss things about the content. In cases where one of your content is rejected, Editor can update the reason for disapproving the said content. You can then update the content, write the notes for the Editor to read. The notes section keeps a log of all inputs given by the Editor before the content is put to the public.
Working With Pictures
Stock Free Images:
Authors can use Stock free Image websites like Unsplash to bring the pictures directly to the MIA platform without uploading or editing pictures. Unsplash gives you a source URL for any image share. You should use the following URL Type to share Unsplash images. Always use "https://source.unsplash.com/(Picture ID)". An example is given below.
You can get the Picture ID from the Picture URL on Unsplash as shown below - The last part of the URL is the Photo ID.
Authors can otherwise upload any image preferably JPG/JPEG images on the platform and use them by clicking the "Add Image" button Left top above the Editor.
Embedding Podcasts and Video in Content
You should either upload your podcast, episode-by-episode, directly from their devices or embed codes from providers like Spotify and Youtube. They should use the <> (Embed Code) function available on the editor to do that. They should use this function while using Podcast & Video posting.
In Spotify it is available as "Share -> Embed Episode". You can "Copy" the embed code by pressing the Copy button and use the <> (Embed Code) function from the menu bar or use Tools & 'Source Code'. Simply Copy this Embedded code there & the rest will be automatically done.
Example of an Embed Code from Spotify
It will Automatically pull out this frame from Spotify.
Example of Embed Code from YouTube
This embed code will pull out the Youtube Frame from source.
Important Considerations for Content Creators
Take note of the following.
- User, this shall be a default status for all registered content creators’ accounts.
- Ensure that your content is of the highest quality. Marketing In Asia gets far more content than it can publish, therefore the editorial team is forced to drop several contents that may never be published. The only consideration for publishing is the quality of content, the relevance to each edition; be it Marketing In Asia, Business In Asia, People In Asia, Startup In Asia* and Happening In Asia*. We rate our content creators based on the content quality, relevance and readership and give preference to all those content creators who are on top of our ranking list.
- Content creators, who produce and upload quality content regularly will be upgraded to the Author status.
- Content creators with Author status are rated highly by Marketing In Asia and the more you are rated, your articles automatically get better reach.
- Content creators with Author status have the option to be part of the MIA Content Market where Marketing In Asia opens up opportunities for them to monetise their content and earn income. This option will only be applicable if your articles are published on Marketing In Asia and other editions.
- Content creators must get their profiles continuously updated. A complete profile with quality pictures ensures a better trust rating of the content creators for any potential customers who may consider engaging you for your services.
- You have a higher chance of getting published if you share content such as videos, infographics and podcasts.
- Images and pictures used in Marketing In Asia must be legal. You may look at Unsplash, Pexels or any other such free image sites if you wish to contribute a neutral image to accompany your content. The editor has the right to make changes to the uploaded images based on suitabilities except in the cases where images are the author's proprietary.
- The content creator holds the right to the contents posted by them, however, Marketing In Asia holds the rights to modify, edit and distribute the article without altering its message.
Content creators may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any help needed.